Monday 3 September 2012

October Here & Now - DT Inspiration

Hi everyone,

It's Michelle here again with some more DT inspiration.  I hope you are are warm and dry wherever you are - the weather was so bad here in Auckland I literately had a river running through my backyard and a waterfall water feature on my drive !  I can't wait to scrap those photos!!  

For my DT inspiration this month I am going to share with you a mini book I am creating using October Afternoon's Here & Now 'Today' Chipboard Album

This is what the album starts off looking like.

What I love most about this album is that it is such a neutral starting point, it comes with more than enough lined inserts which make the perfect backdrop for your journalling and also for your photos.  The 5 x 7" size makes it perfect for scrapping 6 x 4 " photos or smaller (as I have done).  This chipboard album could be used for a multiple mini book topics... from documenting what your life is like 'today' to holidays and special events.  

Along with the above album, I also received the 'Here & Now' Chapters which come in three different themes which match in with the 'Cakewalk', '9 to 5' and 'Woodland Park' collection kits.  I received the newest collection Woodland Park which has gorgeous sea greens, limes and earthy tones which made it  a very easy decision to scrap our last year's inaugural camping holiday to Hahei beach on the Coromandel Peninsula. 

So...for my first DT instalment, I am going to share with you the front cover of the album: 


To accompany, the chipboard album, there are the Here & Now Chapters - these include four coloured divider tabs with a neutral grid pattern on the reverse side (more about those in a second) as well as two double sided die cut pages and 9 double-sided patterned pages.  

In creating my chipboard album, I decided to use these patterned papers to embellish some of my inserts as well as the front cover above which makes it a really cost effective little book as you don't have to go out and buy extra patterned papers (unless you really wanted too). You can see I have used a combination of the lined insert pages as well as some of the patterned Here & Now chapter pages on my front cover.  As you know I love to layer ... the front cover is embellished with a doily, some twine, a scalloped circle from the OA Woodland Park flower sack and a Chipboard Banner 

Lastly, I wanted to share with you what I have created with the four divider tabs in the Here & Now Chapters.

As there were 4 dividers in this set it fitted perfectly with the idea that I could use 1 divider for each member of our family on holiday, include a photo and on the grid patterned back, get each family member to journal their holiday memories.  I wanted to keep these quite simple, each divider actually has the words  'Name' and 'Date' on them but as I wanted to just use 'Name', I just placed a strategic piece of washi tape under the alphas to cover over the word 'Date'.  I just added a few little heart felt embellishments to create a more layered look.


Products:
OA - Sticky Keys Stickers in Peacock Blue and Olive & Creme



That's all I have to share for now... I hope you have enjoyed learning about more about the October Afternoon Here & Now Chipboard Albums.  I am still busy creating more pages for the insides of the book and I will be back to show my progress later on in the month.  

Cheers
//Michelle









2 comments:

Vicki said...

What a fabulous album that will be when finished. Can't wait to see the rest. Love Woodland Park. :)

KellyN said...

Looks great Michelle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...