Thursday 8 March 2012

OTP Inspiration : Rebecca

This months design kit presented itself with a beautiful challenge in the form of products that I have never really worked with. When I first opened my envelope, my first thought was "What am I going to do with these?" but only because I never have ever tried to. What was the mystery product? The gorgeous new line of Vintage Blue from Glitz, both Cardstock and Transparent stickers. Beautiful in their design, construction, and appeal and as I found out, far more versatile than I at first thought. I have initially stayed away from using stickers in my projects because they were so .... complete already. So I challenged myself to use the stickers in a way that I could not only highlighted them, but placed them in a bit of a different scenario than simple adoring an empty corner of my project (that's what I thought stickers were for in the past, space fillers!) But as I discovered, they have a great potential to be the main attraction.


 I am having a ton of fun with the endless creative possibilities that the "Off the Page" team has offered me. For my first project of the month I created an incredibly fun approach to gift wrapping. My husband didn't notice the absence of a birthday card because he was to impressed with the way I had decorated his gift. I started with kraft paper and worked from there ... This was the perfect project to use some of the Glizters Vintage Blue Cardstock stickers. The heart and the font are both from the fun set.


This month I've been inspired to think outside of the products that are usually finding their way into my craft pile. Thanks to the girls at Scrappin Patch I'm finding all sorts of new inspiration. What kinds of things to do you never use in your projects? I encourage you to try something new!




2 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW Rebecca you have done an amaizing job, those papers are just gorgeous and stylish

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful work!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...