Wednesday 21 December 2011

Teresa Collins Sports Edition II

Hi everyone,

Today, I want to share with you a card I made using up the left over pieces from my dt kit of the Teresa Collins Sports Edition papers. Making up cards is a great way of using up those small pieces of left over patterned papers and embellishments that don't quite make it onto our layouts! I do have a stash of scraps just for this purpose but it makes way more sense to just pull together a quick card at the end of that project so you can have there ready for when you need one.

I have created a thank you card for a sports 'coach' but it could easily be adapted to fit into another different masculine themed card to suit your gift giving occasion.


Here is how I made it:

To create the background, I used this Prima Fence Mask and Texture Paste. For anyone who hasn't used a product like this before - it is super easy. I used Jo Sonya's Texture Paste and a scraper thingey (which I got from Mitre 10 Mega).



Firstly, lay the mask over the area that you wish to add the texture paste too. Holding on to the mask so it doesn't move, scrap over a thin layer of Texture Paste. A quick tip is not to paste right to the edges of the mask otherwise you will get a square look which isn't as natural looking instead pick an area of the pattern you like the most and just paste that part. The mask I used is pretty much the same width as my card so I applied texture paste to the entire background.


I then added some Slate Glimmermist to give the paste a more grungy look.


Next, I added the left over pieces of patterned papers (Practice and Blue Numbers). I also stamped out 3 stars using the Sports Edition Stamp Set which I just love as they are perfect for using on masculine cards and layouts. Lastly, I layered a couple of the diecuts to create my sentiment and matted them onto some on a banner I created from blue numbers patterned paper.

I hope I have inspired you to use up your scraps and perhaps to try and give a product like Texture Paste a go... it is such an effective and easy way of creating that extra layer of texture to your creations.

Take care
//Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...