Tuesday 6 December 2011

Christmas Gift Card Tutorial

Hi everyone,

Just a quick tutorial today on how to make another different cute little gift card. Originally, I found this idea on Pinterest but it was used to store small treats such as Hershey kisses inside but I adapted it to use it as a gift card idea suitable to for Christmas or any other occasion. Unfortunately, my pin didn't save and I can't give credit for the original idea as I can't find it!


Instructions
1. Trim a piece of patterned paper to 8.5 inches x 2.5 inches
2. Score and fold at 2 3/4 inches, 3.5 inches, 4 inches and 6 3/4 inches
3. At the left hand end, use a glass or a template to create the rounded edge.
4. Embellish the gift card part (I used a different KaiserCraft patterned paper and added To and From.
5. Punch two holes as shown and add twine (tie at the back with twine into a bow for added detail.)

6. Embellish the front as you wish. I used a scalloped border punch and some left over patterned paper. To create an edge for the flap of the gift card to slot into I added some firm Prima lace and adhered it in the centre so that the flap would sit nicely underneath the top edge and hold together. I then added a chipboard circle and button with twine to finish it off!

A fun kids idea

A great way of using up left over pieces of patterned paper and a fun idea for the kids is to create cute little packets of reindeer food. Reindeer food consists of oats and glitter and I just printed the little saying onto a piece of white cardstock and printed it out.


Instructions
1. Fill a small cellophane bag with the oats and glitter
2. Trim a piece of patterned paper to 4 inches by 4 3/4 inches (or to fit the width of your cellophane bag)
3. Score and fold in half at 2 inches to create the bag topper. Adhere to the cellophane bag.
4. Embellish as you wish and add the Magic Reindeer Food print out, I just punched out some circles, added buttons and twine to finish the look.

Thanks for stopping by...

//Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...