I received a lovely kit from Adrienne for the November Guest Designer spot,
Pink Lipstick Glimmer Glam(Tattered Angels)
Prima lace and ribbon trim in pink, baby blue and lilac.
The papers were so pretty I found it hard to cut them up but once I had decided what I wanted to do and found the perfect photos for the project, I managed to get the covers and first couple of pages done……
The Prima Media Album covers proved to be lots of fun, as they are resist canvas and when I used a mixture of Glimmer mist, colour wash and water colour the canvas took on the colours leaving the white pattern showing. I used the canvas with the least amount of pattern as the front as I knew that I wanted to put quite a few things on it and therefore the cover with more patterns was left for the back. I did the two covers at the same time.
To add a little more interest and texture on the front cover I used the Crafters Workshop chickenwire reversed stencil with Versemark then added white embossing powder. I then experimented with gesso around the edges and across the top letting it run down like an ice cream.
For the first layer I machine stitched a piece of embossed pink paper (from my stash) and two pieces of Prima packaging card as well as the clock face. I tucked a pink canvas flower in behind the clock face and used a lilac and silver crystal flourish (Craft Creations) towards the right hand corner. Next came the Prima bird and Kaisercraft Bird Cage (gessoed)
I used a border strip from one of the MeadowLark papers and a piece of the Prima lilac lace and two small Silver Star charms.
2nd layer lilac embossed flower paper behind a fussy cut photo of Paula and Rob and their three gorgeous children
I used a piece of gauze which I had coloured with purple, lilac, pink and blue and stiffened with watered down gesso, as a layer in front of the photo, a lilac and purple mini rose and daisy on each side.
Lastly I used gesso on a Dusty Attic chipboard piece ‘Enjoy the moment’ sprayed and coloured it purple/blue. A final coat of Dimensional Magic and then attached it to a piece of plastic packaging to give it some support, and attached it to the front cover as a title.
Thanks for reading,