Wednesday 6 June 2012

Stars in Their Eyes Week 5

Well five weeks have gone by and hopefully at this point you're still having some fun!  With that said its time to reveal my "STAR", the multi talented Tara Orr!! 




Hi Everyone!! I was so excited to have been chosen by Megan for this year's Stars in their Eyes Competition!! What an honour!! Here is a little more about me.  I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada with my gorgeous husband of 11 years and our three amazing kids.  They are the heart and soul of my projects. I am now a SAHM to my precious little kiddos but before that, I worked as a webmaster in the Technology industry for many years and loved it.
Random Facts about Me: I have a degree in Psychology, a green belt in karate, love horseback riding, order a grande dark from Starbucks almost every day, prefer chocolate to any other sweet, am the oldest of 3 siblings, gave up hope of maintaining my ‘Monica from Friends’ (as my husband would describe) cleaning habit once I had kids of my own, have earned more grey hairs and wrinkes in the past 7 years than I could have imagined and love my family more than anything else on the face of this earth!
I started scrapbooking in November 2008. Instant addiction. I love papercrafting. It challenges me, it relaxes me and it lets me escape into a world of creativity that I adore. If you want to take a peek at some of my work, please stop by my blog (http:/eachmoment-onlyonce.blogspot.com) for a visit – I’d love to have you!
Heres some examples of Tara's work to get you started, you can find more in her gallery at scrapbook.com, as well as her blog.





I have created a card, matching tag, and altered a dolls cradle based on Tara's style:




Your challenge is to design a card with matching tag OR an altered item in the style of the STAR, (not a scraplift of any of the STARS' designs) so be sure to do your homework and check our her blog to see what inspires you the most. Your submission MUST be a card and tag OR an altered item and not a layout. A bonus point will be awarded if you submit an altered item.



JUDGING

They will then be judged by TARA! Each week points will be awarded for first (4 pts), second(3pts) and third (2pts), and all other entries will receive 1 pt. At the conclusion of the competition the one with the most points will bag the STAR prize, with second and third receiving a consolation prize.

Have fun ladies, and I cannot wait to see what you have created.....your layouts should be uploaded over here... http://scrappinpatch.co.nz/coppermine/index.php?cat=64 by 8pm Tuesday 12th June 2012.

**NOTE: Please include a blurb about what aspect of the STAR's designs and style have inspired you, and how you incorporated them into your layout. Additionally, please include your name in the title of your layout to assist with the judging- thanks!!**

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

WOW Megan, love those beautiful OTP items, you really have captured Tara's style! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...