Friday 10 June 2011

Photo Editing in Picasa 3

Hi Girls,

Adrienne has had a couple of queries in the shop of how I change the "look" of my photo's. I used a free photo editing programme called Picasa 3. If you are looking for a photo editing programme, the download for Picasa 3 is http://picasa.google.com/. It's really easy to work with, and my recommendation is just to play around with a couple of photo's and all the goodies it has to offer.

You can change a normal photo to black / white or sepia / or even newsprint, and those nice soft shadows around the photo's, you can do it all using this programme.

So here is the photo which was uploaded directly into Picasa. You will see there are three sections,
Basic Fixes, Tuning, Effects.

Image

In Basic Fixes you can crop your photo, straighten the photo, remove red eye, add texts, colour contrasts and also using the "Magic Button" - I;m feeling lucky - this button just automatically fixes the photo. Below all I clicked is "Feeling Lucky" and you can already see the difference in the brightness of the photo.

Image

Next I go to the second panel, "Tuning" where i play around with the Fill Light, Highlight and shadows, and by moving the little indicator you can change the colour of your picture completely. You can see already from the initial picture the picture is darker,

Image

Here I moved the "highlights" indicator towards the right and it brightens it up but still keeps the shadows which you have already changed.

Image

If you go to the last panel "Effects" - this is where you can change your photo into black & white, sepia, sharpen the photo, tint it, saturate bright colours etc. In the photo below I have clicked the "Warmly Button" which brings out the natural colours of the photo, it seems to give it earthy colours.

Image

and in the last photo I have changed the same photo into black & white. What I normally do is if I want a black and white photo - I change it to black and white first and then go to the second panel and play around with the Brightness, Highlights & shadows and you will be thrilled with the results.

Image

Here are a couple of other photo's which I have played around with

Image
Image
Image
Image

My best advise is just play around to see what you like, I hope you have the above tutorial helpful and let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Editing

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...