Friday 4 June 2010

Glimmermist CHALKBOARD

I saw these in the shop and wondered how to use them- would they be the same as normal Glimmermist?. It's no secret how much i LOVE using Glimmermist on most things, so of course I had to try them out.

WHAT IS CHALKBOARD? - I googled Glimmermist Chalkboard and this is what I found:-

This art medium will give you the same beautiful Glimmer as Glimmer Mist, yet the base will give you a semi-opaque finish that blends just like chalk. This is just like using art pastels or chalks! it will blend nicely with other Chalkboard colors or even with the original Glimmer Mist to create a variety of transparencies and add depth to your project.


and this is what I have tried them on so far!

Colour - CHALK (White)

I sprayed like you would normally directly onto a NAVY cardstock, I wondered whether you could actually see the white or whether it would be like the pearl Glimmerist and just give it a little shine - but to my SURPRISE - Yes ladies it shows up on the darker colours, check it out, don't you think it looks like a MILKYWAY of stars? :P5: :P5: :P5:

Image

Colour - PEACOCK (Turquoise)

Image

I tried the Peacock colour directly on the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements, it took a while to dry but it came out really well.

Colour - CONCORDE (purple)

Image

here I have sprayed some of the Chalkboard directly onto a White Feather as well as a home made CRINKLEPAPER flower :- check out the close ups

Image

Image

I also tried some CHARCOAL Chalkboard on the Making Memories Vintage Charms and it took two days to dry but it came out very nicely - sort of giving it that old - weathered look.

and lastly I have tried it out on the PRIMA FELT - here I used the HOT CHOCOLATE - it works really well on the felt and dried almost instantly.

Image

so if you have been toying with the idea of MAYBE buying some, I can tell you - they are pretty awesome, and there are lots of YUMMY colours in the shop

Still trying some more things, so keep an eye on the forum, will upload once I have played some more.

Happy Scrapping
HEIDI

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...