Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wednesday Inspiration with Hannah

Hi girls,

It's time to post some more inspiration, and today I want to share 2 layouts featuring Crate Paper "School Spirit". These papers are obviously fantastic for school layouts, but they are very versatile and can be used for other themes as well (as you will see).

In this first layout, I teamed some of the School Spirit papers with Kraft cardstock and Prima autumn leaves to scrap this photo of Tyler at the "Amazing Maze in Maize" last Easter. I cut the "Geometry" paper into coloured blocks - the colours were perfect! In keeping with our "Along the Lines" theme for the month of May, I've used a black journalling pen to doodle a fun & easy lined border around the edge of my page.

Image

Products used:
Crate Paper School Spirit "Geometry"
Crate Paper School Spirit "Grade Card"
Kraft cardstock
Prima "Say it in Pearls" black fern
American Craft Thickers "Bones"
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Alphas
Prima autumn leaves
Prima flowers
buttons
journalling pen
ink

Here I've used the School Spirit papers to scrap more of those school photos! I wanted to capture how much Ethan has changed over the last 5 years, so I used a photo from each school year to show the transition. I cut out numbers from the "Chalkboard" paper to represent each year. I utilised the grid paper to keep with the "Along the Lines" theme, and also added strips or "lines" of overlapping patterned papers and tape across the middle of the page.

Image

Products used:
Crate Paper School Spirit "Grade Card"
Crate Paper School Spirit "Study Hall"
Crate Paper School Spirit "Chalkboard"
Basic Grey Basics "Kraft Poll"
Sassafrass Lass Me Likey "Refreshed"
Heidi Swapp tape
old book page
misc. buttons and charm
My Minds Eye Life Stories "Team" journal card
Prima Alphabet Stickers "Tan"
journalling pen
ink
corner punch

*** EXTRA, EXTRA! ***

Yesterday a few of you were talking about challenges and how you couldn't wait for the June ones (next week), so I am offering a little "extra" challenge. Hopefully you've been inspired by these layouts, so I'm challenging anybody who wants to play along to create a layout based on this post. You can scraplift one of my layouts, use one as a "sketch", use the same colour palette, take inspiration from the titles, or create your own "recipe" based on some of the ingredients I have used.

Upload to this folder in the gallery: http://scrappinpatch.co.nz/coppermine/t ... ?album=418

I will offer a small RAK, and I will randomly draw a winner on Sunday afternoon.

Happy scrapping! :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...