I had some cute 5 x 3.5 inches white photo frames that I inherited from my sister. They had a couple of chips in the wood but I thought they would be a perfect size to do a little project for Taylor's room.
These were the frames in their original state. I quite liked the cute little trees that came with them!! Shame they had to go.
First I prepped the outside of the frames by giving them a little sand with a piece of sandpaper - mostly to smooth out the little chips to give a more even finish. Next I gave them a small sponge of white paint to ensure that the glimmermist would stick a bit better to the white frames. You could use white gesso which is a primer for this job but white paint works just as well if you have it lying around. The misting may have worked without this step but I wanted to ensure the mist would run as little as possible. After painting the frames, I used a piece of scrap paper and placed it over the glass to protect it from the treatment I was about to give the frame!
Next, it got a bit messy. I decided I wanted to use my Prima leaves mask as it is just DEVINE!! so I held it onto the frame and sprayed away. I was a bit impatient but I would recommend waiting for the mist to dry a bit before moving on to the other sides of the frame. This was the result...
Once all the sides were done and dry (I used my heat tool to help speed up the process here), I added Tim Holtz Rock Candy Crackle Paint to the frame to antique it a bit.
I then went and created two little picture layouts. The first one is placed under the glass. I used a piece of my left over Prima to create the 5 x 3.5" background, added a cute mat for the photo, some Cosmo Cricket Butterflies and my MS Doily Punch. The second one I created on top of the glass as I wanted it to be more dimensional.
Products used: Prima Fairy Flora, Prima Alphas, Dusty Attic Chipboard Fence, Prima Butterfly, Cosmo Cricket Butterflies, Tim Holtz Rock Candy Crackle Paint, Misc Buttons, Mini Alphas, Pink Glimmermist Prima Leaves Mask