Wednesday 10 June 2009

Design Team Inspiration - Amy Butler Lotus Diecut Paper - Butterflies

In case you hadn't noticed, I am a little bit of a butterfly fan... in fact, check most of my layouts lately, and you will probably find a butterfly somewhere! So I was very happy when I found one of the Amy Butler Lotus Butterfly Diecut papers in my DT kit this month. This paper is extremely good value, as it has an amazing [b]30 [/b]butterflies on it, in coordinating colours of blue, green, pink, red, cream and grey. The butterflies are all lightly embossed, and all a bit different. They are just lovely, and I really enjoyed creating the below layouts.

On this page, I used 2 of the butterflies as masks. I put temporary adhesive on the printed side of the butterfly, stuck it to the page and Glimmermisted, then gently removed the butterfly masks, and rubbed off the temporary adhesive, and I was still able to use the butterflies on another layout. I then used the diecut sheet with the butterflies removed, as a stencil, placing it over the masked butterflies, then applied swirl rubons. I very gently used a kraft knife to cut around the inside edge of the stencil, ensuring I didn't cut into the background paper, only through the rubons, to make sure the rubons stayed put when I removed the stencil. It is a very effective look. I then also used 2 of the pink/red butterflies on the page. Check out the pic below for a closeup of the rubons on the masked butterflies.


I used the following products on this page, available in the shop:
Amy Butler Lotus Butterfly Diecut papers
Melissa Francis Paper - Matilda
Glimmermist - Graphite
Prima Flocked Transparency
Zva Swirls - Jet
My Little Shoebox Mini Alpha Stickers - Cream


I used 18 of the butterflies on this next layout:


First, I painted a round circle on the background page with cream paint, then adhered the body of each butterfly around the circle. I bent up the wings, then applied Kindyglitz for some sparkle. I then added the photo, title, journalling and ribbon bow inside the circle, and the page was complete. And look at all those gorgeous butterflies! Below is a closeup of the Kindyglitzed butterflies:
I also used the following product on the above layout:

Basic Grey Ambrosia Paper - Ebony
Kindyglitz - Crystalina


Here is my recent "i create" layout, on which I added one of the butterflies, using a black pen and Kindyglitz for the finishing touches.



And after all this, I still have some butterflies left. I'm sure you will see them on my next few layouts!







Tracy L

1 comment:

Serena said...

Your work is stunning! Love the shape of those butterflies - clever what you did

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...